YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS Sauvignon Blanc 2015, Oakville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
One third Sauvignon Musque clone lends gorgeous aromatics to this rare, organically farmed Sauvignon Blanc. 93 Points James Suckling. Wow! Inaugural release - 2015.
WINEMAKER: Celia Welch awards:
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The Yount Ridge Vineyard is high in natural acidity resulting in a fresh and vibrant wine with expressive aromas and flavors of citrus, peach, mango and jasmine flower. A touch of oak adds creamy brioche and an ultra long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lobster tortelloni, Sauce Américaine, Shimeji mushrooms, Spinach
- Raw Oysters, mint-cilantro mignonette
- Mesclun salad with goat cheese, orange and pecans
PERSONALITY: The absolute best Sauv Blanc on the planet!
- Aged 6 months in 70% new French Oak
- Only 150 cases
Collector's Wine, Complimentary Shipping.
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*