YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS EPIC Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
EPIC is the flagship Cabernet Sauvignon from Yount Ridge Cellars. It is a true reflection of balance, complexity and flavors of the Oakville estate vineyard. 100% Cabernet from the finest lots of the vintage.
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch (Lindstrom, Corra, M. Etain)
PERSONALITY: Celia Welch awards:
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year.
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The aromas on this collection‐worthy flagship wine are forward and intense, showing blueberry, marionberry, cranberry, a hint of rhubarb and raspberry. The entry is balanced, soft yet solid. The finish is dense and structural though not coarse. Flavors at the finish show spiced plum, citrus zest, and a sweet earthy note, all wrapped in very fine‐grained tannins that deliver the age‐worthiness of this more weighty cabernet.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Prime Rib, horseradish mashed potatoes, rabe
- Petite filet, blue cheese compound butter
- Pan-seared eye of the rib, sauce béarnaise (dining out Bouchon)
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French oak
- Organically farmed vineyard
Collector's Wine, Complimentary Shipping. Use code PARTY