YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Oakville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
One third Sauvignon Musque clone lends gorgeous aromatics to this rare, organically farmed Sauvignon Blanc. 90 Points Wine Spectator and 91 Vinous Wow!
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch.
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The Yount Ridge Vineyard is high in natural acidity resulting in a fresh and vibrant wine with expressive aromas and flavors of citrus, peach, mango, jasmine and tropical pineapple. A touch of oak adds creamy brioche and an ultra long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lobster tortelloni, Sauce Américaine, Shimeji mushrooms, Spinach
- Raw Oysters, mint-cilantro mignonette
- Mesclun salad with goat cheese, orange and pecans
PERSONALITY: The absolute best Sauv Blanc on the planet! Ultra luxury wineries want these grapes. Philippe Melka takes grapes from this very special vineyard.
- Aged 6 months in 70% new French Oak
- Only 150 cases
Collector's Wine, Complimentary Shipping. Use code PARTY