YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Oakville
Complementary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
One third Sauvignon Musque clone lends gorgeous aromatics to this rare, organically farmed Sauvignon Blanc. 90 Points Wine Spectator and 91 Vinous Wow!
WINEMAKER: The legendary Celia Welch.
- 2008, Food & Wine’s Winemaker of the Year
- 2006, Forbes.com “Top Ten Tastemaker”
- Inducted Winemaker’s Hall of Fame
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: The Yount Ridge Vineyard is high in natural acidity resulting in a fresh and vibrant wine with expressive aromas and flavors of citrus, peach, mango, jasmine and tropical pineapple. But there's steely flint and florals with a hint of grass, making what we say "something for everyone in this elegant wine." A touch of oak adds creamy brioche and an ultra long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled grouper with remoulade sauce and mango slaw
- Raw Oysters, mint-cilantro mignonette
- Mesclun salad with goat cheese, orange and pecans
PERSONALITY: The absolute best Sauv Blanc on the planet! A rarity for Oakville. Ultra luxury wineries want these grapes. Philippe Melka has pulled grapes from this very special vineyard.
- Aged 6 months in 70% new French Oak
- Only 150 cases
- 1/3rd Sauvignon Musque clone
Collector's Wine, Complementary Shipping *
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*