ARRIÈRE Red Blend, Napa
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Inaugural second label of Webster Cellars
- Striking aromas and powerful finish on this Merlot and Syrah Red Blend
- Webster Cellars reds sell out on release. Get in!
WINEMAKER: Keith and Chelli Webster, Webster Cellars
WHAT WE TASTED: An exciting wine, spicy, subtle, and lean. Spicy with pepper, licorice and clove. Subtle showing notes of cassis, tobacco, mild cherries, blackberry and just a hint of cacao. Soft entry, the mid-palate satisfying, and the finish is elegant.
AVA DESIGNATED: Coombsville and Stags Leap, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Seared herb-crusted pork loin, grilled spring onions, balsamic reduction
- Grilled ribeye steaks, blue cheese mashed potatoes
- Portobello mushroom burgers, sautéed kale, swiss cheese
PERSONALITY: The label is an original art piece that Keith Webster painted during his time as a New York artist. He is a multifaceted man. This project was about expressing Keith and Chelli’s mutual creativity by combining the two mediums together.
- 60% Merlot 40% Syrah
- Napa Valley and Sonoma fruit, farmed in small lots
- Cellared 18 months in French Oak
- French oak barrels: 20% new 80% neutral