SYLVIE Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville
Complimentary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Bold and beautiful from a hand-harvested Cab-only family vineyard
- Single acre organically farmed just below Dalla Valle
- Kurt Niznik honed his craft at the Continuum Estate and worked alongside Philippe Melka at Caldwell
WINEMAKER: Kurt Niznik: (Continuum, Caldwell, Kennik)
WHAT WE TASTED: Strong and beautiful as the muse, Sylvie, which it represents. This Cab catches the eye with its deep garnet color and holds your attention with intense smoky nose of cassis, dusty chocolate and pepper. We love upfront raspberry and blueerry on the palate along with complex notes of savory herbs and aromatic spice with a gorgeous caramel and cola lingering finish. Concentrated and rich from the low yielding 2015 vintage.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Hungarian goulash
- Aged cheddar, gorgonzola cheese plate
- Grilled double-boned lamb chops, sauteed brocolini
PERSONALITY: Sylvie is the friend for life, a dancer who embodies the wine’s presence of strength and beauty we experience immediately. Winemaker Kurt works closely with vineyard manager Kendall Smith, who’s specialty is organic micro vineyards and is consultant to Grace Family vineyards.
- Aged 22 months in 225-liter new and neutral French oak barrels
- Unfined, unfiltered
- Post fermentation maceration at 70F
- Only 65 cases made
- Drink through 2035.