SEQUOIA GROVE Cabernet Sauvignon, Magnum
Complimentary shipping * Magnum bottle.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 95 Points, Decanter; 93 points Wilfred Wong of wine.com
- The stunning 2014 Vintage
- farmed without pesticdes
WHAT WE TASTED: Juicy and bright ripe black cherry and blackberry, followed by cinnamon, and spice, with a touch of black pepper. On the palate the wine is round, succulent and full-bodied, full of blackberry, and finishing with a touch of red fruit intertwined with dusty tannins and spicy oak. Can age at least 10 years.
WINEMAKER: Michael Trujillo (Materra, Trujillo Wines).
Michael had the good fortune to train with the great André Tchelistcheff. Not everyone can say that.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Rib eye, keep it simple
- Mixed sausage and veggie skewers
- Cheddar cheese omelette with mixed green salad
- 77% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 8% Merlot, 3% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot, 1% Syrah
- Alcohol 14.2%
Collector's Wine, Complimentary Shipping *
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*