SCHERMEISTER Sonoma Viognier
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Intensely fragrant and tropical the second you pour it
- Salmon Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
- Wild Crafted Wines
WINEMAKER: Robert Schermeister, Aubert Wines
WHAT WE TASTED: Peach, apricot, tangerine, and orange blossom. Flavors of brulee and hints of butterscotch come alive with a bit more orange blossom. Beautiful weighty texture, and long finish. Unfiltered and barrel fermented.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Spicy Thai coconut red curry, Jasmine rice
- Spicy ginger Szechuan beef
- Chilean sea bass with shrimp and mango chutney
PERSONALITY: Originally from Idaho with a degree in biochemistry, Robert settled in Napa with a goal to learn from the best. He scouts and sources from vineyards that meet his exacting standards of terroir and clone selection, pairing that with the patience of native fermentation and barrel selection for aging.
- Barrel fermented, 7 Months in Kadar Hungarian Oak
- Unfiltered, Only 100 cases made