SCHERMEISTER Rosé of Syrah, Sonoma
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Sonoma fruit, Hendricks Vineyard
- Unfined and unfiltered - Robert isn't shy about extracting max flavors that the vineyard expresses
- Only 55 cases made!
WINEMAKER: Robert Schermister: Aubert
WHAT WE TASTED: Gorgeous jewel tones swirl in the glass, releasing aromas of bright cherries and warm vanilla with a light touch of herbaceous thyme to round out the nose. Its texture is smooth and creamy due to the unfiltered process. Rosemary is subtly present on the palate, complemented by fresh peach and white lily.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Salade Niçoise, Herb slab fresh bread
- Traditional Spanish Paella
- Fatted Calf Porchetta, sautéed greens
PERSONALITY: Originally from Idaho with a degree in biochemistry, Robert Schermister settled in Napa with a goal to learn from the best. He scouts and sources from vineyards that meet his exacting standards of terroir and clone choice, pairing that with the patience of native fermentation and barrel selection for aging. And he does most of his own farming. We adore him!
- Heritage Clone 877 Syrah
- 5 months in Oak