ROCK WALL Sparkling Wine, Yolo County
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Chardonnay 97%, Muscat Canelli 3%
- A wonderful, crisp and dry sparkler
- And so affordable! Weddings, parties, receptions!
WINEMAKER AS: Shauna Rosenblum
AVA DESIGNATED: Yolo County
WHAT WE TASTED: Aromas of honeysuckle flower, Asian pear and Granny Smith apple greet your nose, followed by refreshing flavors of honeydew melon, white peach and orange blossom. Orange is thanks to Muscat.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Raw Hog Island oysters with champagne-vinegar mignonette
- French brie on water crackers with caramelized pecans
- Cold smoked salmon, caper aioli
PERSONALITY: From the famous Rosenblum family of California. You know Rosenblum Zin, right? Shauna Rosenblum is the winemaker. She learned to make wine from her epic father Kent Rosenblum.
- Blanc de Blanc