ROCK WALL Blanc de Blanc, Yolo County
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Chardonnay 97%, Muscat Canelli 3%
- A wonderful, crisp and dry sparkler
- And so affordable! Weddings, parties, receptions.
WINEMAKER: Shauna Rosenblum (the famous Rosenblum Zinfandel family)
AVA DESIGNATED: Yolo County, Clarksburg
WHAT WE TASTED: Aromas of honeysuckle flower, Asian pear and Granny Smith apple greet your nose, followed by refreshing flavors of honeydew melon, white peach and orange blossom. Orange is thanks to the Muscat, which gives an illusion of sweetness.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Raw Hog Island oysters with champagne-vinegar mignonette
- French brie on water crackers with caramelized pecans
- Cold smoked salmon, caper aioli
- Fish and chips
- goat cheese Gougères
PERSONALITY: From the famous Rosenblum family of California. You know Rosenblum Zin, right? Shauna Rosenblum is the winemaker. She learned to make wine from her epic father Kent Rosenblum.
- Blanc de Blanc
- Low alcohol, 10.5%