POST & VINE Old Vine Field Blend, 2014, Mendocino
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal American Fine Wine Competition
- Petite Sirah (32%), Carignane (35%) and Grenache (33%)
- Grapes from old vines, sustainably farmed Testa Vineyards
- Miss Wineburg is a 100 point winemaker
WINEMAKER: Rebekah Wineburg (Rudd Estate, Bucella, and Quintessa)
WHAT WE TASTED: This 2014 vintage is an elegant wine that expresses the very best of the Testa Vineyard. Soft and supple with notes of raspberry, plum, nutmeg and allspice. Because it is a true field blend, the grapes percentages changes every year. Awesome nature! Grapes are brought to Napa where winemaking is handcrafted in small lots.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Smoked Aged Gouda and bacon burgers
- Carnitas street tacos with stuffed chili relleno
- BBQ Flank steak, Chimichurri sauce
PERSONALITY: Partners Erica and Rebekah's day jobs involve making delicious, high-end Napa Cabs and other internationally acclaimed wines. Their own project, Post & Vine, focuses on sustainably managed vineyards of quality and character. Testa Vineyards is on its 5th generation working that soil!
- French oak barrels for aging
- Unfined and unfiltered