POST & VINE Old Vine Field Blend, 2014, Mendocino
*Complimentary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal American Fine Wine Competition
- Petite Sirah (32%), Carignane (35%) and Grenache (33%)
- Grapes from old vines, sustainably farmed Testa Vineyards
- Miss Wineburg is a 100 point winemaker
WINEMAKER: Rebekah Wineburg: Quintessa, Rudd Estate, Bucella
WHAT WE TASTED: An elegant wine that expresses the very best of the Testa Vineyard. Soft and supple, spicy and ripe, with an inviting nose of violet, tarragon, sage, strawberries, plums, and black cherries, with grainy tannins and juicy fruit on the palate leading up to a long finish. For Zin lovers, without being Zin. A true field blend, so the grape percentages change every year.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Smoked Aged Gouda and bacon burgers
- Carnitas street tacos with stuffed chili relleno
- BBQ Flank steak, Chimichurri sauce
PERSONALITY: Partners Erica and Rebekah's day jobs involve making delicious, high-end Napa Cabs and other internationally acclaimed wines. Their own project, Post & Vine, focuses on sustainably managed vineyards of quality and character. Grapes are brought to Napa where winemaking is handcrafted in small lots. Testa Vineyards is on its 5th generation working that soil!
- Hand harvested, clusters destemmed to tank without crushing
- Lees aging 10 months, neutral French oak barrels for additional 8 months aging
- Unfined and unfiltered
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*