POST & VINE Old Vine Field Blend, 2016, Mendocino - 100 point winemaker
Complementary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Ms Wineburg is a 100 point winemaker & head winemaker at Quintessa. Post & Vine is her personal label.
- Petite Sirah (30%), Carignane (29%), Zinfandel (25%) and Grenache (16%)
- Grapes from historical old vines, from the sustainably farmed Testa Vineyards
- This is the 4th release from Post & Vine. Consider a 4 bottle vertical from 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016. We have a limited number available.
WINEMAKER: Rebekah Wineburg: Rudd Estate, Bucella, and Quintessa
WHAT WE TASTED: An expressive wine with aromas of wild strawberry, blackberry, pomegranate, blood orange and hints of clove and cardamon. The palate is laced with cranberry, cedar, lilacs and rose petal. Medium tannins and a mineral finish. A true field blend, so the grape percentages change every year.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Smoked Aged Gouda and bacon burgers
- Carnitas street tacos with stuffed chili relleno
- BBQ Flank steak, Chimichurri sauce
PERSONALITY: Partners Erica and Rebekah's day jobs involve making delicious, high-end Napa Cabs and other internationally acclaimed wines. They are both animal lovers and land stewards. Grapes are brought to Napa where winemaking is handcrafted in small lots.
- Hand harvested, clusters destemmed to tank without crushing
- Unfined and unfiltered
- Lees aging 10 months, neutral French oak barrels for additional 8 months aging
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*