POST & VINE Old Vine Field Blend 2013, Mendocino - 100 Point Winemaker
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal American Fine Wine Competition
- Petite Sirah (34%), Carignane (30%), Zinfandel (19%), Grenache (17%)
- Grapes from old vines, sustainably farmed Testa Vineyards
WINEMAKER: Rebekah Wineburg (Rudd Estate, Bucella, and Quintessa). Rebekah has received a perfect score of 100 for Bucella.
WHAT WE TASTED: This 2014 vintage is an elegant wine that expresses the very best of the Testa Vineyard. Soft and supple with notes of raspberry, plum, nutmeg and allspice. Because it is a true field blend, the grapes percentages changes every year. Awesome nature!
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Smoked Aged Gouda and bacon burgers
- Carnitas street tacos with stuffed chili relleno
- BBQ Flank steak, Chimichurri sauce
PERSONALITY: Partners Erica and Rebekah's day jobs involve making delicious, high-end Napa Cabs and other internationally acclaimed wines. Their own project, Post & Vine, focuses on sustainably managed vineyards of quality and character.
- Co-fermented as a true field blend
- French oak barrels for aging, unfined and unfiltered