POST & VINE Old Vine Field Blend 2013, Mendocino - 100 Point Winemaker
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal American Fine Wine Competition
- Petite Sirah (34%), Carignane (30%), Zinfandel (19%), Grenache (17%)
- Grapes from old vines, sustainably farmed Testa Vineyards
WINEMAKER: Rebekah Wineburg (Rudd Estate, Bucella, and Quintessa). Rebekah has received a perfect score of 100 for Bucella.
WHAT WE TASTED:
A bold, drought year brought brilliant purple red color, ripe cherry, strawberry, spice and molasses aromas and vibrant flavors of peppery spice and concentrated black plum. Because it is a true field blend, the grape percentages change every year. Awesome nature!
AVA DESIGNATED: Mendocino
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- R+D seared tuna burgers with spicy slaw
- Charcuterie plate
- Spicy chicken mole
PERSONALITY: Partners Erica and Rebekah's day jobs involve making delicious, high-end Napa Cabs and other internationally acclaimed wines. Their own project, Post & Vine, focuses on sustainably managed vineyards of quality and character.
- Co-fermented as a true field blend
- French oak barrels for aging, unfined and unfiltered