NORIA Sauvignon Blanc, Russian River Valley
Created Especially to Pair with Delicate Cuisine. Clean, softer and smooth, like Ginjo style of sake.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Beville Vineyard is the coolest part of the Russian River AVA
- Grapes mature slowly for supple mouth feel but great acidity
- Nori only chooses sustainably farmed vineyards
- Very limited production in America
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura; Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, light to medium straw color. With 3% gewurtzraminer, a lovely blossom of delicate fruit hits the nose with bright aromas of grapefruit, lime, pear, a hint of lychee, orange zest, bay leaf, flint stone, lemon grass, and pistachio. Yes, all that! Light kiss of neutral oak adds a supple mouth feel. Very long finish with juicy citrus. This is not grassy Sauv Blanc.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Japanese tempura
- Yellowtail and white fish sushi
- Poached chicken breasts with mixed greens and creamy herb dressing
PERSONALITY: NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots.