NORIA WINES Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Ultimate balance of intense nose, stylish and bright on the palate
- Double Gold Award from San Francisco Chronicle 2018 and Double Gold American Fine Wine Competition 2019
- Occidental/Freestone is coldest climate area for growing this single vineyard designate wine
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura; Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED:
Intense aromas of raspberry, violet, a hint of dark cherry, rose-petal, and seductive bouquets of cedar, white pepper, and caramel. Fragrant entry. Stylish, refreshing red berry flavor quickly expands on the palate. Vibrant acidity and silky mouthfeel melt into an elegant, long finish. A hint of sweet oak and spice notes add nuance and complexity. Pure and Delicate.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Baked, wild salmon with orange and fennel
- Broiled Portobello mushroom topped with brie cheese
- Pork roasted with fresh thyme over a diverse veg selection
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots.