NORIA Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast, San Giacomo Vineyard
*Complimentary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO.
Created Especially to Pair with Delicate Cuisine and Japanese cuisine. To pair with fresh ingredients to bring out the lively flavors of the wines. A type of Japanese sake called Junmai-Ginjo is the model of this NORIA Chardonnay.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Balanced vibrancy, freshness and acidity
- Pretty, soft entrance, structure and depth
- 100% Chardonnay, aptly awarded Silver in 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and 2019 American Fine Wine Competition
- Poured in First Class on ANA airlines
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura: Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
AVA: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE TASTED:
Elegant aromas of apricot, lime, golden apple, honeysuckle as well as nuances of cardamom, tarragon, and basil. Sparkly citrus flavors quickly develops on the palate. Lush, vibrant acidity is balanced with a voluptuous mouthfeel. Hints of honey, caramel, and bay leaf add complexity and melt into a long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Seared scallops with beurre blanc
- Eggs Benedict
- Hazelnut-crusted, pan-fried fowl
- Lobster, Israeli cous cous with avocado mousse
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy, even fireworks. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa to be crushed and handcrafted in small lots. Nori always chooses single vineyards to bring out pure flavors and sense of place.
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also* free