NORIA Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
A type of Japanese sake called Junmai-Ginjo is the model of this NORIA Chardonnay.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Balanced vibrancy, freshness and acidity
- Pretty, soft entrance, structure and beautiful acidity and depth - made for delicate cuisine.
- 100% Chardonnay, aptly awarded Silver in 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura; Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED:
Elegant aromas of apricot, lime, golden apple, honeysuckle as well as nuances of cardamom, tarragon, and basil. The decorous citrus flavor quickly develops on the palate. Lush, vibrant acidity is balanced well with a voluptuous mouthfeel. Hints of honey, caramel, and bay leaf add complexity and melt into a long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Seared scallops with beurre blanc
- Eggs Benedict
- Hazelnut-crusted, pan-fried fowl
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots.