MYWELL Chardonnay, Coombsville, Napa
$30 bottle ON SALE NOW $25.99
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Coombsville Napa fruit, single vineyard designated
- Burgundian style, very food friendly
- Made by a Naval Veteran!
WINEMAKER: Jan Myers. Keller Estate and Schug Winery
AVA DESIGNATED: Coombsville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: Beautifully vivid orange blossom and white peach aromas are married with delightful notes of lychee, Asian pear, and honeyed tropical fruits. Its medium weight. Lithe at first, it opens to reveal flavors of white peach, citrus and underlying notes of minerality. The wine has smooth, well-integrated oak and great mouth feel.WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Apple fennel chicken salad
- San Francisco Bay Dungeness crab cakes
- Dijon-tarragon Cream Chicken
PERSONALITY: Jan Myers is a native of Pennsylvania who graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and spent 20 years as a naval aviator before starting his winemaker career.
- Coombsville is Napa's newest AVA
- Gravelly loam and rocky volcanic soil.