MIRROR Sauvignon Blanc, Rutherford
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Beckstoffer’s “Melrose” Vineyard
- Rutherford fruit, Napa Valley
- A great white from a cult red producing AVA
WINEMAKER: Kirk Venge; B Cellars, Beau Vigne, Hunnicutt Wines
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, light to medium straw color. Aromas of orange blossom lead to ripe white peach and lemon zest with a hint of melon. The palate delivers bright flavors of lemon zest and cantaloupe accented by refreshing nuances of peach. A bright cleansing grapefruit lingers on the finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Snapper whole fish roasted potatoes and thyme
- Shrimp sandwich with garlic-anchovy aioli, Model Bakery ciabatta
- Asian style chicken salad, sesame-lime dressing
PERSONALITY: Can be autographed with Rick's Mirers signature. He is retired San Francisco 49er quarterback originally drafted from Notre Dame. Rick gives back to kids through his NFL foundation!