MIRROR Sauvignon Blanc, Napa - Member Special
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Pope Valley and Rutherford fruit
- 1/2 Sauvignon Musque clone gives awesome aromatics
- Captures the true characters of the two vineyards
WINEMAKER: Rob Lawson (Ghost Block, Pavi, Fisticuffs) with Proprietor Rick Mirer, a retired San Francisco 49er.
AVA DESIGNATED: Rutherford and Pope Valley, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, light to medium straw color. Aromas of orange blossom lead to ripe white peach and lemon zest with a hint of melon. The palate delivers bright flavors of lemon zest and cantaloupe accented by refreshing nuances of peach. A bright cleansing grapefruit lingers on the finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Snapper whole fish roasted potatoes and thyme
- Shrimp sandwich with garlic-anchovy aioli, Model Bakery ciabatta
- Asian style chicken salad, sesame-lime dressing
PERSONALITY: Can be autographed with Rick's Mirers signature. He is retired San Francisco 49er quarterback originally drafted from Notre Dame. Rick gives back to kids through his NFL foundation. Support!
- Whole cluster pressed
- Sauv Blanc clone 1
- Aged in neutral French oak barrels