MIRROR Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- From the Sangiacomo Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
- Beautifully balanced with depth, complexity and softness
- Only 125 cases made
WINEMAKER: Rob Lawson; Ghostblock, Pavi, Fisticuffs, and Proprietor Rickc Mirer, a retired San Francisco 49er.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sangiacomo Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE TASTED: Brilliant, golden to medium golden color. Aromas of apple, peaches, and melon lead to ripe flavors or coconut, peach, and orange peel. The palate delivers bright flavors of citrus and melon accented by refreshing nuances of pineapple. A bright ripe finish lingers on the palate.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled Squid plus Lemon Pepper & Herb Salad
- Dungeness crab salad with fine herbs
- Salmon, red potato and asparagus salad (William Sonoma)
PERSONALITY: All bottles can be autographed with Rick's Mirer's signature. He is retired San Francisco 49er quarterback and gives back to help kids through his foundation.
- 9 months in French Oak barrels
- Malolactic fermentation 20%
- 100% Chardonnay