MIRROR Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 vintage
- Oakville, St Helena, and Yountville fruit
- Cult Cabernet winemaker
- 92 Points Wine Enthusiast
WINEMAKER: Rob Lawson; Ghostblock, Pavi, Fisticuffs, with proprietor Rick Mirer, retired NFL quarterback.
WHAT WE TASTED: This flagship Cabernet's aromas are dry rose petals, ripe blackberries, pipe tobacco, dark chocolate and baking spices. Rich flavors of cassis, dark cherry and leather, with toasty cedar, vanilla, cinnamon, and spicy oak. Elegant drinking with cherry, caramel and spicy long finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Prime rib sandwich (dining out at Rutherford Grill)
- NY steak in a cream green peppercorn sauce, scalloped potatoes, rabe
- Lamb burger with feta and greek salad
PERSONALITY: All bottles can be autographed with Rick's Mirer's signature. He is retired San Francisco 49er quarterback and gives back to help kids through his foundation. The RR in the middle of Mirror is for Rick and Rob and their very first vintage from two vineyards that "mirror" each other in size and shape on either side of the Silverado Trail.
Destemmed and hand sorted
14 day fermentation
- Barrel aged 20 months in 50% new French Oak