METZKER Family Estates Pinot Noir, Terra de Promissio, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Petaluma Gap wind and fog provides slow maturation and intensely flavored grapes
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 94 Points—Prince of Pinot
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Casto: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antintori (Napa Estate)
WHAT WE TASTED: Wild blue berry and blackberry nose with spice and oak adding to the complexity. More lush black cherry, cola fruit and spice on the first sip building and layering with acidity, oak, depth, structure, to a long and seductive cherry pie finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled yellowfin tuna with olive tapenade
- Tandoori chicken
- Spaghetti ala Carbonara
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. Metzker Family Estates released their inaugural wines in Spring of 2017.
- 50% Clone 777, 50% Clone 115
- 70% New French oak for 14 months
- 140 cases made, first reserve wine