METZKER Family Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Spring Mountain is one of Napa’s top hillside AVAs
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- Highly anticipated inaugural release
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Castro: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antinori (Napa Estate). Named Most Exciting winemaker 2016
WHAT WE TASTED: The deep color, notes of blackberry and currents along with luxurious tannins and toasty oak tones make this a wine to savor now or cellar for many years as its complexity matures and develops. Melissa knows her Cabs!
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Beef carpaccio with arugula
- Braised oxtail with butter beans
- Pappardelle with lamb ragu (Bistro Don Giovanni)
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016.The 2016 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon marks the first Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon from Metzker Family Estates. Only three barrels of this wine was produced during its inaugural vintage.
- Clone 337 and Martha's Vineyard budwood, Alc 14.8%
- 18 months 100% New French Oak
Only 70 cases made