LUSCHER BALLARD Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013 Spring Mountain
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Robert Parker Rated 93!
- Highly allocated, amazing price!
- Fullest expression of a mountain vineyard at 2200 feet
WINEMAKER: Legendary John Kongsgaard
WHAT WE TASTED: Dense purple color, dark currants and cassis, woodsy with blackberry and blueberry and dried herb. A firm acidity and long finish of sweet tannins,
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Filet mignon with sauce béarnaise, potatoes Anna
- Roasted Duck with Michigan blueberry sauce
- Seared pork tenderloin with capers, lemon and gratin dauphinoise
PERSONALITY: Proprietors Christina and Carrol Ballard have made world famous films during their career in Hollywood. The Black Stallion and Never Cry Wolf are just two of their beautiful and renown movies. Now, they’ve turned their creativity to wine with the help of legendary John Kongsgaard and his son Alex.
Spring Mountain wines are highly sought out. And expensive—a neighboring estate’s Cabernets are priced at $350. Luscher Ballard's wines are young and complex and represent an opportunity to purchase at an entry price. Highly allocated. Buy one to drink and one to lay down in the cellar. You will be rewarded.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon prized Spring Mountain fruit.
- Clone 337
- Fermented on native yeast