LUSCHER BALLARD 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Spring Mountain
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Dense, jammy, gorgeous and lush
- Highly allocated, amazing price!
- Fullest expression of a mountain vineyard at 2200 feet
WINEMAKER: The Legendary Kongsgaards
WHAT WE TASTED: Dense purple color, dark currants and cassis, with blackberry and blueberry and spice. A firm acidity and long finish of sweet tannins, chocolate and dark fruit.
AVA DESIGNATED: Spring Mountain, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Beef short rib with potato croquet, mirepoix and mushrooms and demi-glace
- Roast Duck with Spicy green beans
- Spicy pancetta and creamy mushroom pasta
PERSONALITY: Proprietors Christina and Carrol Ballard have made world famous films during their career in Hollywood. The Black Stallion and Never Cry Wolf are just two of their beautiful and renown movies. Today, they’ve turn their creativity to wine with the help of legendary John Kongsgaard and his son Alex.
Spring Mountain wines are highly sought out. And expensive—a neighboring estate’s Cabernets are priced at $350. Luscher Ballard's wines are young and complex and represent an opportunity to purchase at an entry price. Highly allocated. Buy one to drink and one to lay down in the cellar. You will be rewarded.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon prized Spring Mountain fruit.
- Clone 337
- Fermented on native yeast
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*