L U N A 'Blue Label' Chardonnay, Oak Knoll, Napa
WHY WE LIKE IT:
- Perfect buttery balance
- 93 Points and Gold Medal from Sommelier Challenge
- Single vineyard estate wine
WINEMAKER: Shawna Miller, Alumni of Beaulieu and Rombauer and Philippe Melka and Moone-Tsai.
WHAT WE TASTED: Bursting with fresh notes of lemon and honey aromas, this delicately balanced wine plays on the palate with brisk tangerine and green apple notes that lead to a creamy toasted almond middle and a bright citrus finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Eggs benedict, homemade hollandaise, roasted potatoes
- Tagliatelle with prosciutto and peas
- Chicken Caesar salad
PERSONALITY: The Blue Label Series by Luna is a cut above and represents their foray into single vineyard bottlings. We applaud them and adore this perfectly balanced Chardonnay. We also believe winemaker Shawna Miller should be more well known.
- 15 months in French oak: 30% New
- 40% malolactic fermentation
- Clones Dijon and Wente: 50% blend