METZKER Family Estates Rosé, Sonoma Coast
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rose of Syrah from Sonoma Coast
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 91 Points Wine Enthusiast
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Casto: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antinori (Napa Estate)
WHAT WE TASTED: A delicate pink rose with playful aromatics of watermelon and fresh strawberries. Flavors of light citrus fruit create a refreshing and crisp wine. Dry and medium bodied, the finish is elegant and should definitely be shared..
AVA DESIGNATED: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Salade Niçoise, herb slab fresh bread
- Traditional Spanish Paella
- Fatted Calf Porchetta, sautéed greens
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. Watch for the release of Metzker Family Estate Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 100% Stainless, whole cluster pressed
- Only 80 cases made
- 12.5% Alcohol