METZKER Family Estates Chardonnay, Russian River
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Opulent, graceful, full bodied and lavish. Yeah!
- Russian River, Ritchie Vineyards - considered among the best in the AVA
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 93 Points Wine Spectator
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Castro: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antinori (Napa Estate). Named Most Exciting winemaker 2016
WHAT WE TASTED: Opulent with a fresh bouquet of honeysuckle, melon and lemon with an underlying layer of nuttiness reminding us of smoked hazelnut from perfectly integrated French Oak. Graceful, full bodied and lavish mouthfeel and long finish balanced by minerality and acidity of 40 year old vines.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Thai chicken and rice noodle salad, with kaffir lime
- Turbot with béarnaise sauce
- Pappardelle with porcini and Reggiano parmesan
- Fish amd chips
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. We have several bottles of the highly anticipated and rated new release of Metzker Family Estate Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Metzker Family Estates is an exciting newcomer to single vineyard estate wines.
- Aged 15 months in 65% new French Oak
- Wente clone; whole cluster pressed
- Only 200 cases made
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*