LAURENT by METZKER Chardonnay, Russian River
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Russian River, Ritchie Vineyards - considered among the best in that AVA
- The winemaker's pedigree - Antinori alumni both the Italian estate and Antica Napa Valley
- 95 Points Wine Enthusiast - 2015 Vintage
- Gold Medal Houston Rodeo - yeah!
WINEMAKER: Melissa Apter Casto: Antinori (Chianti) and Antica Antintori (Napa Estate)
WHAT WE TASTED: Opulent with a fresh bouquet of citrus fruit complemented with nutty tones from perfectly integrated French Oak. Inviting at first sip, minerality and acidity balances the fullness of the fruit and leavse a long-lasting finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Thai chicken and rice noodle salad, with kaffir lime
- Turbot with béarnaise
- Pappardelle with porcini and Reggiano parmesan
PERSONALITY: Napavalley.com named Melissa one of “Napa’s 7 Most Exciting Winemakers” in 2016. Watch for the release of Metzker Family Estate Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Metzker Family Estates is an exciting newcomer to single vineyard estate wines.
- Aged 12 months in French Oak
- Only 170 cases made