KANPAI Rosé, Oak Knoll, Napa
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rose of Cabernet that came about as a result of the fires
- $20 from every sale goes direct to relief efforts
- The winemaker is a highly sought after viticulturist for Hall, Spottswoode, and Araujo
WINEMAKER: Steve Matthiasson: Matthiasson. San Francisco Chronicle's Winemaker of the Year, 2014.
WHAT WE TASTED: From Cabernet grown specifically for a rose bottling, this lovely pink sipper speaks cherries in spades with a hit of mintiness and red plum. Flavors of ripe citrus on the palate with a nice long finish. This baby Cab works!
AVA DESIGNATED: Oak Knoll, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Salade Niçoise, herb slab fresh bread
- Traditional Spanish Paella
- Fatted Calf Porchetta, sautéed greens
PERSONALITY: Having just purchased the Meadowbrook Farm property, the proprietors were slammed by the fires during their very first harvest. With this rose they commit themselves to rebuild the Sonoma and Napa wine community by donating $20 from the sale of each bottle.
- Whole cluster pressed, fermented in stainless
- 100% Cabernet
- Only 30 cases remain