JACQUELINE YOAKUM - Pinot Noir, Oregon
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles * USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 2014 Inaugural Release, vineyard designated wine—Exclusive to Travelfood - only 80 cases made
- Double Gold Medal - American Fine Wine Competition
- Le Cadeau Vineyard in Dundee, Oregon is called the "rockiest" vineyard in Oregon, hand picked, of course
- A cool climate, native yeast, wildcrafted beauty
- Silver Medal - San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum. Consulting winemaker Italics, Buhman, Greggarious. Alumni of Littorai, Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars, and Le Cadeau.
WHAT WE TASTED: Tawny cranberry Oregon color with heirloom french plum tart, lavender and chocolate mint nose and a lingering sweet pea floral note. On the palate, a nice bit of herbal, cinnamon and kirsch, while crème brulee emerges. Oak is subtle and integrated in this elegant and supple wine. Drink now or hold and age for the next 10 years.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oregon
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled salmon spiced with ginger and soy
- Herb roasted pork tenderloin
- Pasta and pesto with dried tomatoes
PERSONALITY: Jacqueline's specialty is wild-crafting wines using native yeasts and this wine is a testament to place. Domaine Drouhin and Domaine Serene's vineyards are very close by. Jacqueline made Le Cadeau's 2011 Rocheaux Cuvee,which achieved 93 points from Robert Parker. This is Miss Yoakum's first wine under her own label. Bravo!
- 14.6% Alc, whole berry, native fermentation two weeks on skins
- barrel aged 18 months, once used white oak for slight oak influence; bottle aged 1 year to broaden mid-palate
- Pommard Clone 667 is backbone, Mariafeld 114 is balance
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*