HIGHLANDS Zinfandel, Oakville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 100% Hoxsey Vineyard, Oakville fruit, Napa Valley
- Barrel aged in French and American oak barrels
- Classic Old Vine Zin, not a jammy bomb, great with food
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith; Silenus.
WHAT WE TASTED: Aromas of plum, blueberry and cherries, while spicy cinnamon and black pepper dance on the palate. Soft tannins linger on a subtle oak vanilla finish. Superbly balanced to show with food.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Boeuf Bourguignon (dining out at Bistro Jeanty)
- Grilled skirt steak with padron peppers and onions
- Classic cheeseburger and garden salad
PERSONALITY: From a Silver Oak alumni partnering with a long time Chateau Montelena grape grower. Paul and Dan clearly know where the best grapes are!.
- 22 months in 33% new French Oak Barrels
- Only 200 cases produced
- 100% Zinfandel