HIGHLANDS Cabernet Sauvignon, Oak Knoll - 2009 Closeout
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- The great 2009 Vintage
- 92 Points Wine Enthusiast
- A beautiful, collector's wine at an amazing price!
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith; Silenus
WHAT WE TASTED: Dense, concentrated aromas of dark fruit, cassis and oak. The palate boasts vibrant fruit notes that give way to silky soft tannins at this age.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oak Knoll, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Vegetarian Moussaka; anything with tomatoes and cheese
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb, gruyere mac and cheese
- Seared New York steak, classic baked potato
PERSONALITY: From a Silver Oak alumni partnering with a long time Chateau Montelena grape grower. Paul and Dan clearly know where the best grapes are!.
- Oak Knoll Cabernet Sauvignon with 15% Merlot
- 22 Months in 33% New French Oak
- Small micro bin fermentation