PLATEAU Pinot Noir, California
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Easy drinking Pinot, slightly sweet palate pleaser
- Amazing price for this California Pinot.
- Made by same winemaker as Highlands Wines
WINEMAKER: Bradley Smith; Silenus
WHAT WE TASTED: Notes of plum, berry, strawberry and cherry. A beautiful ruby red color, smoky nose and sweet, easy finish filled with lingering oak offers lighter red wine lovers a juicy enjoyment.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roasted Cornish game hen with mushroom risotto
- Pork chops with herbs, orange and fennel
- Grilled chicken sausages, vegetables, goat cheese polenta
PERSONALITY: Highlands Napa Valley believes that quality wine making begins in the vineyard. Silver Oak alumni owns and cares for this brand.
- 97% Pinot Noir, 2% Syrah, 1% Petit Verdot
- Aged 12 months in small Oak barrels