GREGGARIOUS Pinot Gris, Carneros, Sonoma
- Certified Sustainably and ecocentric farmed ranch
- Dry Pinot gris with the aromas of citrus flowers and flavors of stone fruit and guava
- A versatile wine with excellent minerality, pairs well with food, and is great on its own
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum Consulting Winemaker - Italics, Magnus. Alumni of Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Littorai.
WHAT WE TASTED:
Aromas of heirloom citrus – ruby red grapefruit, orange, lime and Meyer’s lemon – along with floral, jasmine notes. Minerality is coupled with beautiful stone fruits, and tropical guava. With the hot summer and cave fermentation, the acidity for this vintage is a bit lower than last year.
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Sonoma County
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roasted chicken breast with preserved lemon and French thyme
- Cheese plate of Humboldt Fog Chevre, Fresh Mozzarella and Gruyere
- Louie Salad with Dungeness crab, vegetables and homemade dressing
PERSONALITY: Look a little closer on the label. The pooch drawing is made up of wine terms. Very clever those Gregg's - Kristina and Steve. And Guinness and Chase, who grace the labels.
- fermented in a chilled tank in the Italics Winery cave
- 14% alcohol
- low 3% Ph like Champagne