GREGGARIOUS Pinot Gris, Carneros, Sonoma
- Certified Sustainably and ecocentric farmed ranch
- Citrus burst and jasmine aromas in this easy drinking white alternative
- Crafted to bring out aromatics and pair them with a palate-cleansing acidity to make this a food-friendly wine.
- Great sipper before dinner too
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum Consulting Winemaker - Italics, Magnus. Alumni of Schramsberg, Keller, Stags Leap Wine Cellars, Littorai.
WHAT WE TASTED:
Aromas of heirloom citrus – ruby red grapefruit, blood orange, kaffir lime and Meyer’s lemon – along with floral, jasmine notes. Minerality is coupled with perfumed tropical fruits, like the feijoa – a kind of pineapple guava- sumptuous and pleasing. A peachy juicy jolly rancher in another life
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Sonoma County
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Roasted chicken breast with preserved lemon and French thyme
- Seared Dayboat scallops with Arborio rice, young peas, lemon zest
- Louie Salad with Dungeness crab, vegetables and homemade dressing
PERSONALITY: Look a little closer on the label. The pooch drawing is made up of wine terms. Very clever those Gregg's - Kristina and Steve. And Guinness and Chase, who grace the labels.
- Grapes soaked on skin overnight resulting in a lovely rose color and lively aromatics
- Same pH as Champagne 2.2