GODSPEED VINEYARDS Chardonnay, Mt Veeder, Napa
Please inquire about half bottles (375ml).
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Double Gold, American Fine Wine Competition
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation
- Brisk but rich tropical fruit that ages like a Burgundy - many compare to Puligny Montrachet
- Ed Sbraggia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designate wines
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Classic aromas of grilled pineapple, asian pear, walnuts, apple and spice, while the flavors of creme brulee, guava, toasted almond and warm bread come through on an elegant and long citrusy lime finish. We should say by the time in was done unfolding in the glass!
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Fresh Oysters were a perfect match
- Herb roasted chicken with green salad and herbs
- Mushroom risotto with steamed broccoli
- Porcini amd Parm frittata with white truffle oil
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbraggia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Small lots, only 20% new French oak
- Spring Mountain clone, whole cluster pressed
- Barrel fermented, no malolactic