GODSPEED Trinity Red Blend, Mt Veeder, Napa
TCW EXCLUSIVE - Please inquire about quantity discounts and half bottles (375ml).
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Gold Medal, American Fine Wine Competition
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation - the great 2010 vintage
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designated wines
- Featured on ‘Backroads’ TV program
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Barrel aged three years, then bottle aged another year, this is not a high alcohol fruit bomb. Though it is juicy with big cherry and blueberry aromas and mouth filling with spice and peppercorns, licorice, cocoa and black cherry. Sweet oak, soft plush tannins.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Clemente’s malfatti dumplings with red sauce
- Baked tofu with red wine mushroom sauce
- Labor day bbq - chicken, burgers, ribs and veggies
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbragia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Rich Kunde Clone 8 and Clone 338, Malbec clone 595
- 42% Cabernet, 25% Malbec, 33% Syrah
- 40 months in Oak - 60% French, 30 % Missouri/Blue Grass