GODSPEED Malbec, Mt Veeder, Napa Valley
SOLD OUT. MAY WE SUGGEST THE NEXT VINTAGE? The 2013 Godspeed Malbec.
This wine is half bottle (375ml).
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation - big Mt Veeder nose
- Gold Medal Orange County Fair Wine Competition 2018
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for vineyard designated wines
- Low alcohol red wine
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: Deep purple color invites you into a wonderful nose of truffle, vanilla, black cherry and woodsy pepper. Voluptuous and profuse mouth filling black cherry, coffee and cocoa. Did we mention black cherry? Well structured tannins and silky smooth finish from extended barrel aging this baby has hit its sweet spot now though will age through 2022.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Lechon asado - toast pork Cuban style
- Prime rib with Cajun spice and brown sugar
- Labor day bbq - chicken wings, burgers, ribs and veggies
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbragia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Malbec Clone 595
- Alc 12.6%, bottled 9/2016
- 45 months in Oak - 67% Vosges French, 33% Missouri/Blue Grass