GODSPEED AMEN Late Harvest Chardonnay, Mt Veeder, Napa
Complementary shipping * This wine is half bottle (375ml).
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Silver Medal, American Fine Wine Competition
- Rare, mountain fruit - 1500 foot elevation
- Rich, sweet, honeyed fruit for the dessert lover
- Ed Sbragia, Bremer buy Godspeed highly prized grapes for his vineyard designate wines
WINEMAKER: Proprietor Larry Stricker and Chris Corley: Monticello Vineyards
WHAT WE TASTED: A rare wine, with a profuse citrus nose, we tasted a perfect balance between intense honey, orange peel and pineapple fruit. Its light and lovely caramel and succulent smooth, not cloying or syrupy. Like a Vin Santo.
AVA DESIGNATED: Mt Veeder AVA, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Apricot shortbread hammentaschen
- Foie gras with brioche toast
- Comte, Emmenteller and Manchego cheese plate
PERSONALITY: Larry Stricker is the acclaimed architect of Scottsdale's The Phoenician as well as other world famous resorts. Half of his sought after fruit is used by Sbraggia, Newton, Mayacamas, Robert Craig and others. The vines are "above the weather" and consistent award winners.
- Small lots, 23 months in 80% neutral and 20% new French oak
- Spring Mountain clone, whole cluster pressed
- 100% Chardonnay,Barrel fermented
- Harvest Sugar 28% Brix, 3% Residual Sugar