GALLEGOS WINES Pinot Noir Vertical, Santa Lucia Highlands
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Big bold jammy Pinot for a change
- Santa Lucia Highlands in Monterey County
- 3rd Generation Mexican American grape growers
WHAT WE TASTED: Rich and layered flavors of ripe, red fruits are beautifully balanced with fresh acidity. Aromas of strawberry, rhubarb pie, cranberry, and cherry. Velvety tannins deliver a lovely, full bodied wine with a smooth, silky finish.
AVA DESIGNATED: Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey County
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Baked portobellos stuffed with fennel sausage, herbed breadcrumbs
- Roasted lamb shanks, summer gremolata, mascarpone polenta
- Five spice roasted duck, homemade plum sauce, basmatti rice
PERSONALITY: Third Generation Mexican American grape growers now making delicious wine. The vineyard is a combination of superior clones, rocky well-drained soils, meticulous viticulture practices, foggy mornings and sunny afternoons moderated by cooling evening breezes.
- Barrel aged in aged French oak 25% new, 75% neutral
- Vineyard designated and grown by the famed Boekenoogen Vineyards
- 200 cases, award winner