DI ARIE Due Amici, Red Blend, Shenandoah Valley
Complimentary Ground Shipping on 3 or more bottles* USE CODE VINO
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Translated from Italian as "two friends" - in this case Zinfandel and its DNA twin, Primitivo
- Only 200 cases produced!
- Excellent value
WINEMAKER: Chaim di Aire (see PERSONALITY below. He has a palate!)
WHAT WE TASTED:
Intense aromas and flavors of blackberry and black cherry. Add a little mocha to the flavor profile on the palate and more layers of dark fruit. Elegant and balanced with a long finish. This is not a jammy Zin bomb but rather very food friendly.
AVA DESIGNATED: Shenandoah Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Braised short ribs with blue cheese creamed spinash
- Roasted turkey with morel mushroom sauce (or butter)
- Green olive and goat cheese tapas
PERSONALITY: Chaim Di Aire has an amazing palate and background. He developed Cap'n Crunch cereal, pudding cups, power bars and wine coolers! Serious. For Quaker and Del Monte. He retired to pursue his lifelong dream of making world class wines. We are honored to introduce to our adventurous wine lover.
- 44% Primitivo, 44% Zinfandel, 12% Petite Sirah
- Estate grown, Shenandoah Valley
- Each component varietal aged separately in French oak, then blended and aged again
- Alcohol 14.7%
*Complementary Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature controlled shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each order. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also*