BUHMAN Red Blend - Cab Franc/Merlot. PRE-ORDER NOW
PRE-SALE ORDERS NOW - Dec release expected.
2015 Carneros, Napa Valley Cabernet Franc and Merlot Red blend
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Estate grown in small lots
- Barrel fermented in French Oak
- This gem of a producer is still a secret though they've been farming for 130 years in Napa
WINEMAKER: Jacqueline Yoakum: Italics, Magnus, Greggarious, Littorai, Schramsberg
AVA DESIGNATED: Carneros, Napa Valley
WHAT WE TASTED: Cherries in spades from voluptuous Merlot while the Cab franc backbone imparts spice, earthy notes and cassis. Medium tannins. Restrained, yet elegant. Another winner from Jacqueline.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Grilled New York steak with tomatoes any which way
- Pepperoni Pizza
- Roasted Bone Marrow and jus with super crusty bread
PERSONALITY: The historic and famous cattle ranch is nested on the curvy country road named Buhman Avenue in the heart of Napa Valley. John Jacob Buhman began raising cattle on this ranch over 130 years ago, and his descendants continue to do so today, as well as farming 35 acres of vineyards.
- Same grapes as in Artesa, Mumm, Joel Gott, and Prisoner