BERESINI VINEYARDS Pinot Noir, Carneros
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Carneros Small lot, vineyard designated
- The earthiest Pinot - Steve knows his craft
- Grapes sold to high-end producers including Tor Kenward
WINEMAKER: Steve Beresini worked with master winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff at Niebaum-Coppola and at Joseph Phelps and Grgich Hills.
WHAT WE TASTED: It is initially crisp acidity with strawberry, then earthy and minty notes that pair well with food. The nose is fresh cherry and cranberry all the way.
AVA DESIGNATED: Caneros, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Sautéed salmon cakes with caper-lemon beurre blanc, mesclun salad
- Broiled croque madame, sauce béchamel, fried egg
- Mahi Mahi with mango, red onion and cilantro salsa
PERSONALITY: Few winemakers still share in Napa Valley’s icon winemaking era when California won the historic 1976 Paris Tasting. Steve Beresini learned from these masters.
- 3 clones - 49% Swann, 39% 777, 12% Calera
- Aged 11 months in French oak