YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS - Proprietary Red Blend
Complementary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
37% Petite Verdot, 35% Merlot, 25% Malbec, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon
Estate, single vineyard organically farmed
- OMG, Petite Verdot based, 2016 vintage, Celia Welch OMG
Proprietary Bordeaux blend from acclaimed winemaker Celia Welch. An intense reflection of Oakville terroir, single vineyard estate wines.
WINEMAKER: Legendary Celia Welch
WHAT WE TASTED: Exotic, perfumed and complex with curing spice and intense notes of dark chocolate, mocha, and raspberry. Cocoa powder entry with blackberry, exotic and woodsy notes. Spicy, medium - full bodied blend is nicely balanced between fine grained, espresso lined tannins. Will drink beautifully over the next decade.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Absolutely nothing. This baby deserves undivided attention!
- Grilled Ribeye, garlic-buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Chateaubriand, sauce bearnaise, potatoes Anna
PERSONALITY: The complexity of the vineyard shines through a progression of dark fruit, cherry, dusty cocoa, cool mint and more - what this Oakville estate is known for. Celia's extraordinary winemaking skills are on display. This vineyard is worthy of her talents. Collectors wine!
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Each year of the Blend will have a distinct varietal percentage.
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 15 through Sept 15 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*