NORIA WINES Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, Michael Valentine Vineyard
Complementary ground shipping on 3 or more bottles*
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Sensai - Japanese for pure, balanced, nuanced and detailed.
- Double Gold Award from San Francisco Chronicle 2018 and Double Gold American Fine Wine Competition 2019
- Occidental/Freestone is coldest climate area in Northern California for growing this single vineyard designate wine
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura: Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
WHAT WE TASTED:
Intense aromas of raspberry, violet, a hint of dark cherry, rose-petal, and seductive bouquets of cedar, white pepper, and caramel. Fragrant entry. Stylish, refreshing red berry flavor quickly expands on the palate. Vibrant acidity and silky mouthfeel melt into an elegant, long finish. A hint of sweet oak and spice notes add nuance and complexity. Pure and Delicate.
AVA DESIGNATED: Russian River Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Baked, wild salmon with orange and fennel
- Broiled Portobello mushroom topped with brie cheese
- Pork roasted with fresh thyme over a diverse veg selection
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria, his wife, are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa and handcrafted in small lots.
*Ground shipping in states where allowed. Temperature control shipping in effect May 15 through Sept 15 to protect these fine wines. A small fee will be added to each shipment. You may choose 2 day or overnight air also* free