NORIA Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast, San Giacomo Vineyard
Complementary shipping *
A type of Japanese sake called Junmai-Ginjo is the model of this NORIA Chardonnay.
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Balanced vibrancy, freshness and acidity
- Pretty, soft entrance, structure and depth - made for delicate cuisine.
- 100% Chardonnay, aptly awarded Silver in 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and American Fine Wine Competition
WINEMAKER: Nori Nakamura; Larsen Family, Artesa, Silenus, Jamieson Ranch, Pine Ridge
AVA: Sonoma Coast
WHAT WE TASTED:
Elegant aromas of apricot, lime, golden apple, honeysuckle as well as nuances of cardamom, tarragon, and basil. Sparkly citrus flavors quickly develops on the palate. Lush, vibrant acidity is balanced with a voluptuous mouthfeel. Hints of honey, caramel, and bay leaf add complexity and melt into a long finish.
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Seared scallops with beurre blanc
- Eggs Benedict
- Hazelnut-crusted, pan-fried fowl
NORIA means water wheel in Spanish, which represents positive elements of life such as water, nature, flow, and energy. Nori and Maria are a darling couple focused 100% on this niche winemaking - fruity, smooth and elegant, like sake. The grapes are brought to Napa to be crushed and handcrafted in small lots.
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.* free