KANPAI Hi No Tori Rosé 2018, Oak Knoll, Napa
Complementary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- Rosé of Cabernet that came about as a result of the fires
- $20 from every sale goes direct to relief efforts
- The winemaker is also a highly sought after viticulturist for Hall, Spottswoode and Araujo
WINEMAKER: Steve Matthiasson: Matthiasson. San Francisco Chronicle's Winemaker of the Year, 2014.
WHAT WE TASTED:
From Cabernet grown specifically for a rosé bottling, this lovely pink sipper offers aromas of Satsuma mandarin, pink grapefruit and pretty florals, while the palate is juicy with nectarine and strawberry. This baby Cab works. Sip well chilled all season long!
AVA DESIGNATED: Oak Knoll, Napa
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Farm market snap peas with tahini dip
- Bruschetta bar aplenty with semi-soft sheep cheese, fruit and pistachios
- Crispy lechon asado tacos with jalapeño cream
PERSONALITY: Having just purchased the Meadowbrook Farm property, the proprietors were slammed by the fires during their very first harvest. With this rosé they commit themselves to rebuild the Sonoma and Napa wine community by donating $20 from the sale of each bottle. Everyone benefits from this generosity. Thank you for buying!
- Whole cluster pressed, fermented in stainless
- 100% Cabernet
- low alcohol, 12.5%