GALLEGOS WINES Dos Hermanos Red Blend, Napa Valley
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 92 Points, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
- 3rd Generation Mexican American winemaker
- One of the oldest Rutherford Merlot vineyards in Napa
WINEMAKER: Eric Gallegos
WHAT WE TASTED: Dos Hermanos - Two Brothers - is a 50/50 blend of Merlot and Petite Sirah. It's a dense purple color with big fruit - plum, cassis, blackberry, blueberry. Full bodied and opulent, drinking in a sweet spot now but good for another 15 years. An amazingly great inaugural release from a new, young winemaker.
AVA DESIGNATED: Napa Valley (Rutherford Merlot, East Hills Rutherford Petite Sirah)
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Steak and trio of grilled pepper fajitas (no cilantro)
- Lamb and eggplant tikka masala
- Portobello mushroom burgers, melted swiss cheese
Ignacio Gallegos Sr. settled in Napa Valley in the 1950’s as part of the Mexican Bracero Workers Program and started a family legacy of farming some of the most prestigious vineyard sites in wine country. Today, his son Ignacio II, and grandsons Ignacio III and Eric continue the legacy with their highly sought out vineyard management company. They believe, and live the fact, that great wines begin in the vineyard.
- Only 200 cases produced
- French oak barrels: 30% new, 70% neutral
*Summer shipping and temperature control rates in effect from April 1 through Sept 30 to cover insurance and cool packs. A small fee will be added to complimentary ground shipping.*