YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS Proprietary Red Blend, Oakville
WHY WE LOVE IT:
- 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, 10% Malbec
- Estate, single vineyard organically farmed
- Never ending finish; elegant and restrained
Inaugural release Proprietary Bordeaux blend from acclaimed winemaker Celia Welch. An intense reflection of Oakville terroir, single vineyard estate wines.
WINEMAKER: Legendary Celia Welch
WHAT WE TASTED: Magnificent garnet ruby color captures your eye and with a cigar and cocoa nose that says ‘stick around for a taste. Intense, unfolding layers of cassis, black cherry, licorice and violet; dense and chewy in balance with earthy tannins, acid and oak. Full bodied, round silkiness.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Herb-crusted rack of lamb, homemade rice pilaf
- Grilled Ribeye, garlic-buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Chateaubriand, sauce bearnaise, potatoes Anna
PERSONALITY: The complexity of the vineyard shines through a progression of dark fruit, cherry, dusty cocoa, cool mint and more. Celia's extraordinary winemaking skills are on display. This vineyard is worthy of her talents.
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Each year will have a distinct varietal percentage.