YOUNT RIDGE CELLARS 2009 Proprietary Red Blend, Oakville
Complementary shipping *
WHY WE LOVE IT:
85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petite Verdot, 5% Malbec
Estate, single vineyard organically farmed
- Never ending finish; elegant and restrained
Super secret library wine release. Proprietary Bordeaux blend from acclaimed winemaker Celia Welch. An intense reflection of Oakville terroir, single vineyard estate wines.
WINEMAKER: Legendary Celia Welch
WHAT WE TASTED: Intense dark fruit, strong cola and black fruit, blackberries and fresh floral notes. A very firm core and never ending finish. As one would expect from a master winemaker of this caliber. An excellent Napa Valley vintage year as well. Drinking perfectly.
AVA DESIGNATED: Oakville, Napa Valley
WHAT WE PAIRED:
- Absolutely nothing. This baby deserves undivided attention!
- Grilled Ribeye, garlic-buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Chateaubriand, sauce bearnaise, potatoes Anna
PERSONALITY: The complexity of the vineyard shines through a progression of dark fruit, cherry, dusty cocoa, cool mint and more - what this Oakville estate is known for. Celia's extraordinary winemaking skills are on display. This vineyard is worthy of her talents.
- Aged 20 months in 70% new French Oak
- Each year of the Blend will have a distinct varietal percentage.